Monday, February 23, 2009

Getting Settled

First, I must say a big THANK YOU to my Mom and Dad. They have been a HUGE help in getting us moved. We closed on the house on Wednesday. Lance and I each packed our vehicles twice on Wednesday evening and dropped stuff (mostly cleaning supplies and tolietries) off on Wednesday evening. Mom met me over at the house Thursday afternoon and helped me clean. We got the largest majority of the house cleaned Thursday. Friday, I made a couple trips over with boxes and Mom came over after work and helped me finish cleaning and do some unpacking. Saturday, Lance and Mom drug box after box after box down stairs while I packed more stuff. We stopped and went out to lunch at the 4-H fair grounds and met up with my Dad, who came back to the apartment and helped us move the big stuff (dresser, bed, cabinet, love seat, etc.). We worked very hard on Saturday and all our hard work payed off because Saturday night we slept in our new house.
I must admit, Jenna did very well with the move. She spent a lot of Saturday in her car seat and made a few trips between the apartment and the house. She hasn't really been bothered by the move.
Now I just have a lot of unpacking to do. Jenna's room is pretty well put together. I want to paint the master bedroom, so Lance and I are living out of boxes and the spare bedroom closet for now. Hopefully by the end of the week we will be settled and mostly unpacked.
Until next time, good night and God Bless!

2 comments:

Barbara and Wes said...

Congrats on the new house. I'm glad the move was smooth hopefully you'll be settled in soon.

Freemad said...

It was so nice to see you and Lance on Sunday and to meet little Jenna.

Congratulations on the house!