Thursday, September 12, 2013

8 week postpartum appointment

Well, today was the big day.  I went back to see my OB/GYN doctor to get my release to go back to work and to get the okay that I have done the majority of my healing.  It's hard to believe it has been almost 8 weeks!

When I learned I was pregnant with Toby, I told Lance I really didn't want to gain any more than 15 pounds.  I am a hefty gal to start with and didn't need/want to gain any more weight than that.  Therefore, I was public with my weigh gain during pregnacy on my blog posts.  I wanted to keep myself accountable. 

So the story goes, I lost 2 pounds the first trimester, gained 17 pounds during the second and third trimesters, and lost 2 pounds the last two weeks.  -2+17-2=13.  I was pretty proud of myself for gaining a net of 13 pounds, especially when Toby ended up being 9 pounds 8 ounces of the weight. 

Today, when I stepped on the scales, I was shocked.  I had lost 28 pounds since the last time I weighed in at the doctor's office on 7/19/13.  That means as of today, I am 15 pounds lighter than when I became pregnant in the Fall of 2012.

My postpartum appointment with the Jenna pregnancy (March 2009) I was my exact starting weight from pre-pregnancy in June 2008.  My postpartum appointment with Shelby (July 2010) I was at -2 which put me back to my exact starting weight from June 2008.  However, I am sad to admit that at my postpartum appointment with Toby (today) that I am still not back where I started in June 2008 pre-baby.

Regardless, today, I am happy to be 15 pounds lighter, especially since I wasn't trying! 

2 comments:

Carla said...

Keep it up! I would love to see you get back to where you were on your wedding day!! We haven't seen many pics of Toby lately.

Carla said...

Keep it up! I would love to see you get back to where you were on your wedding day!! We haven't seen many pics of Toby lately.