Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Potty Training

A couple weeks before Shelby was born, Jenna starting telling us that she had went or was about to go potty.  I would wait a few minutes and go change her diaper.  I figured there was no point in trying to start potty training Jenna while I was 35+ weeks pregnant. 

Jenna has continued to let me know about going potty as I have been home with her during maternity leave.  I had been dragging my feet with getting the process started, because it seems like we are always here or there.  Besides, what am I supposed to do if she needs to potty while I am breastfeeding Shelby?  I have been making excuses, mostly because I am not sure I want my "baby" to grow up and I have no clue how to go about the process. 

Theresa, the girl's babysitter, asked me when I was going to start working with Jenna.  She thought Jenna was ready to get started.  Yesterday we went and got Jenna panties.  Today, I had my post-partum doctor's appointment and left both the girls at daycare.  Theresa called at 9 and told me Jenna had already peed on the potty!  I guess we are officially potty training, so let the fun begin!

2 comments:

Rajean B. said...

Way to go Jenna! I bet your mommy and daddy are so proud of you!

Yes, potty training is a "fun" process. We started working with Dallas at the beginning of July. He was really getting the hang of it, but now that he has been in Indiana for a week, I think we will have to be starting the process all over again.

I understand what you mean about nursing one when the other needs to potty. Poor Reba just gets slung to the sidelines sometimes...

Carla said...

Call or email me if you have any more questions. Mom said you found some training pants.