Saturday, July 10, 2010

Clay City Fair

Thursday night after Lance got home from work we went over to the Clay City Fair.  It had rained earlier in the day, but we thought it would be nice that evening, with the cooler temps.  We walked though the exhibit hall and talked to several people we hadn't seen in a while.  Then, I told Lance we should go out to the livestock barn and introduce Jenna to the pigs, cows, and sheep.  We walked in the livestock barn in the swine area and found a piggy up walking around.  We stopped Jenna in the stroller and let her look.  The pig walked over toward her and I had the camera ready.  The pig got right next to her and snorted, which made Jenna cry!  It was too cute!  I didn't take any pictures, because no one wants to see a crying little girl.

Then we walked on to see the cows.  Our sister-in-law, Angel, has a nephew in 4-H that shows cattle.  Since it was the night of the cattle show, he happened to be standing with this calf.  Jenna got pretty close to the animal and though the steer was pretty neat. 

It started raining while we were in the livestock barn, so we stayed and watched the rest of the cattle show and showmanship.  Once the rain let up we ventured through the carnival, food, and back into the exhibit hall.  Lance was talking to a gentleman from Farm Bureau and Jenna decided she wanted out of the stroller.  I let her out, she walked over to Shelby's stroller and started pushing.  We walked around the poster display at least a dozen times (Jenna pushing and Mommy steering).  Most the venders in the exhibit hall thought it was pretty cute and made comments. 

Other than breaking bedtimes for both of the girls, we had a wonderful evening at the fair.  Tonight is the big fireworks display, so we are hoping to get to watch them.  Our house is close enough we should be able to see them from home, so I imagine we will watch them from home this year.

3 comments:

Carla said...

Ummm...no pictures??? Geee!

Angel said...

Wish I would have snapped a photo of the girls in their matching strollers for Carla! I do have pictures of cows, trophies, and Brady. Looking forward to County Fair next week. Maybe Jenna will make up with the pigs then! We'll have to get after Jenna's Daddy to use the camera on his Incredible phone so you have more pictures to post. :-)

Angel said...

Oops...that should say Jenna & Shelby's Daddy. I didn't mean to exclude her. Sorry.