Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Moving On

I have had a hard time posting many blogs over the past couple months because some things going on in our lives had to remain hush hush for a while.  Today, I can share my news with everyone that follows our blog. 

Yesterday, Jenna went to daycare, while Shelby and I went to Henderson.  I met with my boss (who rarely travels to Henderson) and formally resigned from my position with the University of Kentucky and Ohio Valley Farm Analysis.  I will be done with UK when my vacation time runs out - sometime around the 5th of August.  I am leaving UK, because I have accepted a position with Farm Credit Services, as an Ag Loan Officer in the Sullivan, IN office.  I start with Farm Credit on August 2. 

This carrer change means our house in Newburgh is for sale and we will be moving to our home and farm in Clay City. We are getting excited about the consolidation of our living arrangements. Lance and I have been together seven years (married almost 5) and have had only one home for 2 weeks of that 7 years.  Though I start my new job on August 2, I will be training with a gentleman out of the Evansville branch for a couple months or until our house sells.  Therefore, I am not 100% sure when we will be 100% moved, but we have started the process.  Fourth of July weekend, Lance and I, with the help of Stan and Janet, moved a cattle trailer load of our belongings into our Clay City home.

I need to post some pictures of the progress that has been made in Clay City.  In 2010 we have gotten the basement painted and waterproofed, some trim work fisinshed, baby proofed the stairwell, finished some trim work, had central air installed, got a new washer and dryer, and have completely rearranged the furniture within the house.  I am sure this is only the beginning!

2 comments:

Rajean B. said...

Best of luck with all the changes. Very exciting times!

Barbara and Wes said...

Good luck with all the changes