Lance and I had our first date, with no kids, since Shelby has joined us. Lance called me on Saturday late afternoon to tell me he had some good news and bad news. I asked him what the bad news was and he told me he was headed to the hay field with the bailer at 6:30 pm on Saturday. This was bad news because we were planning on going to the Clay City Fair for a while on Saturday evening (since it rained on us Thursday). I was very disappointed so I asked him what the good news was and he said that he should be done and home by 8 pm. He said his parents were going to come over to the house and "watch" the kids while we went to the fair to see the fireworks. I told him that Jenna and Shelby should be pretty good for Grandma and Grandpa because they should both be in bed.
Everything went off without a hitch! We got away for almost 3 hours, went to the fair, had a very nice supper, walked around and talked to people for a little while, watched the fireworks, and went home. It was very strange for us not to have the kids, this was the first time I have been without a child in tow in almost 8 weeks. We really appreciated Stanley and Janet looking after the girls. (Stan & Janet watched the fireworks from our front yard. They could see all the tall fireworks, just not the shorter ones. I imagine we all will watch them from the front yard next year!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
So nice that you were able to do that!!!! And, great of Stan and Janet!
Grandma Janet & Papaw Stan were probably quite disappointed the girls were asleep and couldn't play! As usual, the fireworks were awesome. You'll enjoy them even more next year as you view them through the eyes of your daughters.
Post a Comment