Thursday evening we cleaned two 5 gallon buckets of corn. I made supper and I cleaned a 5 gallon bucket of tomatoes that mom had picked. I diced them for spaghetti sauce which would be made later.
We went to bed Thursday night knowing we had a lot of work to do on Friday. There was a light shower of rain early Friday morning which made the grass and green beans wet so we decided to head over to my Grandma's house. She had a plethera of grapes and she didn't know what to do with all of them. So to the west-side of Evansville we went.
Toby and Great-Grandma.
While we were at Grandma's, my Uncle Lawrence came over to mow the grass. He called my Aunt Nancy and told her that Toby was there if she wanted to come over and meet him. We had a nice visit with Grandma and Aunt Nancy after harvesting two 5 gallon buckets of grapes.
Great Grandma and 3 of her 12 great-grand kids
We harvested some carrots then headed back east to mom's house to start the process of making grape juice. We got 1 gallon, 16 half-gallons, 7 quart and half, and 7 quarts of grape juice. I cannot wait to break into it in a couple weeks.
After we got done with grapes, we cleaned the third 5 gallon bucket of corn and mom cut it off the cob. I got 30 pint freezer cartons of corn for the freezer! Yummy!
Then we skined and cored a five gallon bucket of pears. We let them sit over-night as the hours of the day had slipped away from us.





No comments:
Post a Comment