Monday, July 1, 2013

Baby Shower

Lance, the girls, and I have been attending the Clay City Church of Christ for well over a year.  We are one of the youngest couples there, but have both grown as Christians since we have been attending.  I enjoy the fact that they have adult Sunday School classes, even during Vacation Bible School.  As with most protestant churches, we all sit in the same spot every Sunday.  Willis and Darinda Dyer sit behind us.  One Sunday Darinda told us that the congregation really wanted to throw us a baby shower.  Since this baby was a boy, we needed some non-pink accessories for our child/home.  I was absolutely floored.  I didn't know how to respond.  I had my baby shower, when I was pregnant with Jenna.  As Lance and Darinda both pointed out, the church family didn't know us at that point and this was something that they really wanted to do.  So...we had another baby shower.  
Darinda and Ruby put it all together for 4 pm on Sunday, June 30 in the preschool classroom at church.
 
 The snacks were sugar cookies made by a lady in the congregation, ice cream, pretzels, and drinks.
 One of the early pictures of the present table.
 One of the presents had a monkey (hooded bath towel) sticking out the top!
 Ruby put together several games.  This is when the ladies were playing the "price is right" and guess that baby food while enjoying snacks.
 I opened presents.  Our little guy has lots of very nice outfits.  The one below was from his Aunt Angel, Uncle Ivan, Kaity and Kent.  It was a set of carhartt bibbed overalls and onesie as well as a couple other outfits.
 A few of the families got the girls "big sister" gifts.
 A cute monkey blanket.

Aunt Carla got a picture of me with my girls.  They were getting tired and starting to suck thumbs and twirl hair. 
 After the party, there was an amazing full rainbow in view from the parking lot at the church.
Lance and I went through all the presents, wrote on all the cards, and organized the loot.  I decided I wanted some pictures of the generosity. 

2 comments:

Rajean B. said...

How sweet of your church family! Looks like little brother is well loved and will be good to go for a while!

Carla said...

It was a nice shower. It's been a pretty busy week here. I have at least loaded the pics to the computer and will send you a few.