Monday, July 22, 2013

39 weeks + 3 days


A lot has happened over the weekend, but I still wanted to go back and capture the whole event.  I partially use blogger as a history book and reference guide.   

Last week's doctor visit got pushed back which meant this one got pushed back, too.  We were honestly hoping that our little guy would arrive before the appointment, but no such luck.    

My blood pressure was still good.  Heart rate was strong.  I had continued to make natural progress.  As she was checking me she decided to go ahead and strip my membrane to allow me to into labor naturally.  She was supposed to be on-call all weekend and was wanting to make it a "busy" one!  As I left my appointment she told me she expected to see me again within the next 48 hours.

How far along: 39 weeks
Have you started to show yet: If you miss I am pregnant now, you must not be very observant...
Total weight gain/loss: From my first appointment to today, I am +13 pounds. (I lost 0.2 lbs in 8 days)
Belly Button in or out? what belly button?
Rings on/off: I had to give them up :(
Size of Baby: TBD should be the size of a newborn.
Weird Changes: things are starting to happen now!
Sleep:  harder to come by!
Best moment this week: k owing the end is in sight!
Movement: He has become much more active, regardless of the restricted space he has.
Stretch marks? Same two getting more pronounced every day
Food cravings:  none
Food aversions: salty stuff
Gender prediction: The ultrasound revealed external genitalia 
What I miss: my feet, ankles, energy
What I am looking forward to: meeting this little guy! 
Progress toward meeting baby: The hospital bags are packed, just waiting.....waiting....waiting.... 

I have several pictures taken within the last hours of non-laboring pregnancy, but I have them on my camera and no way of putting them on the iPad which I am using to update the blog!

No comments: