Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Kittens

 We were offered some kittens from a local farmer.  Lance decided last Wednesday after daycare to take the girls and pick them out.  I met them at the farm and we picked out 3 kittens.  The first picture is of Momma cat.  She wasn't too friendly and the kittens were even less so!
Jenna picked out her kitten which she named "Jingle Bell".  It is an orange tiger striped male. 
 
Shelby picked out her kitten which she named "Percy".  It is a black tiger striped male.
I picked out a kitten.  He is ugly and cute all at the same time. I believe is is a female and she got the name "Cocoa".   
 
Their first night at our house it was supposed to storm.  I told Lance we should keep them inside, so he agreed to letting them stay in a rubbermaid tote in the basement with the baby gate on top.  We fed them and watered them after playing with them.  We acclamated them during the day and then were bringing them in of an evening.  They stayed in the house until Sunday night when we had enough and decided they needed to learn to survive outside.  We have had them for a week and they seem to be getting along with Spot (our only cat left out of last year's 8) okay. 

No comments: