Monday, April 8, 2013

House Reveal - Pantry Project

 Back when we remodeled the house in 2005, we built the refrigerator in a whole and built wall around the chimney and added a pantry closet. 

I love my pantry! It is where I keep 99% of the non-parishable food products in my house.  However, it tends to be croweded and full of many non-food items too. 


Before
 Mom had told me she was willing to help me organize one weekend, so they came up the first full weekend in April.  My project was to completely empty the old pantry and the new pantry and organize them both.  This was no little task!  Lance and I emptied the old pantry on Monday, Mom and I emptied the new pantry on Friday night and Saturday morning we started putting things back together.  Part of the problem with the old pantry is it had a rodent visitor that made a mess that needed to be cleaned up.

After
 We got most everything that was going back in the old pantry then we started on the kitchen cabinets.  Every cabinet had the contents removed, shelves/drawers wiped down and contents organized.  We finished that project around 3pm.  Then we took everything that was to go to the new pantry and organized it.  I am happy to say that all my small appliances and baking dishes as well as excess food storage (gotta love Sam's Club Family Packs) got organized in the new pantry, which is located on the other side of the fridge from the first picture.
 I am thrilled to have everything clean and organized!  I have some open space, but that's okay.  I am slowly bringing some of my less used kitchen supplies up from the basement and giving them a home close to my kitchen!

Thanks Mom for all your help over the weekend!

No comments: