Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Inheritance

My Aunt Delores called me one day and said she had some stuff she wanted to give me for the girls. My Grandpa Gumbel had made his kids each a rocking horse, back in the days when he did woodworking and my aunt wanted to get rid of hers.... so I inherited it! I am so very excited! My mom still has hers, but as she says, the kiddos can play on it, but it's HERS. Jenna was a little scared of it at first, but now LOVES to play on it. She can mount and unmount the horse all by herself.

I got out the camera to take her picture riding the horse and she just wanted to play with the camera.


Along with the rocking horse came 2 baby quilts for Shelby. The one on the left is a gift from my Grandma and Grandpa Gumbel and the one on the right is from my Aunt Delores.

 I am very greatful and blessed to have inherited these wonderful keepsakes.

1 comment:

Carla said...

I wish you wouldn't have posted that. It makes me dilerious (sp?)!! Not at you, just at the situation. Good thing I kept my extra Suzy doll back...it's the only thing Ciara will really ever have from grandma.