Today we went to see the OB to check up on the baby. I started the morning in ultrasound. Dr. Mann was worried because I am measuring big. He doesn't want me to have a 10 pound baby and he wants to make sure that I am not carrying a lot of extra fluid.... so he ordered and ultrasound to make sure the baby's growth is on track and momma is doing okay.
The ultrasound revealed quite a bit of good news, but a little bad news too. We are still having a girl, she is weighing 4 pounds and 6 ounces. That puts her in the 59th percentile for a baby in the 32nd week of gestation. They measured my fluid levels and they were at the very top end of the normal range. Her heart rate was 134, which was a little slower than her typical, but she was also in a "napping" phase when they took it.
We did learn today that she is in the breech postion. Dr. Mann said he would prefer that she were already head down, but she still has 8 weeks until our due date, so she has time. I asked him at what point we should be concerned or be thinking about our options and he said at the 36 week appointment. I guess she has 4 weeks to get head down before I SHOULD be worried, but I am worried about it now. The thought of them force flipping her or of having a C-section don't thrill me too much.
Lance and I have decided on a name... well a first name at least.... Shelby. We have talked about/picked out several middle names, but haven't decided/settled on one definately.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I like the name you have picked! Thanks for sharing. I can't believe you have 8 weeks to go!
I really do hope that Shelby decides to flip over because the doctor force turning them is not all that fun...even with a spinal block. My doctor tried turning Dallas, but he wouldn't have it. I was pretty bruised from it afterwards as well.
Did he tell you, is there anything they can do about the fluid level? I don't know anything about that. We pray for Shelby every night. Oh, and I guess mom told you about Judy. SO SAD!!! She was such a wonderful nurse! Matt was even sad when I told him last night! We loved her!
Post a Comment