Friday, March 19, 2010

All About the Mouth

Jenna must be in an oral stage of development between the teeth, kisses, and developing speech.

I discovered tooth number 5 last night, an I tooth on top.  I can feel the other top I tooth, both bottom I teeth and 2 more swellings for teeth.  She had 4 teeth and was working on 6, now she has 5 and is working on at least 5 more.  I think these teeth are really starting to get to her.

Everyone has been getting kisses lately.  Sometimes it's more of a mouth smack than a pucker, but Jenna gives hundreds of kisses a day.  My mom and dad came over and brought the bedroom furniture last night.  During supper I think she gave away 50 kisses to us!  If you blow kisses at her, she will definately blow kisses back.  I love it!

Jenna's personality is developing so much every day, I just love watching her.  We are working on different words with her and she really picking up on what you say and trying to mimic my words.  She says momma and daddy, of course.  I can also understand hi, baby, omon (come on), ught ohh, no (vigorous head shaking accompanied), ouwe (a version of ouch I don't know how to spell out) as well as others I can't think of right now.  She is even starting to show some frusteration when she tries to communicate with you and you don't understand what it is she wants.

When she really wants me to go with her to play or show me something (she does this at day care too) she comes up and grabs my hand and takes me where she wants me to go or to what she wants me to see.  When she gets hungry she will even walk into the kitchen and stand by her highchair (something else she does at daycare too).  She will usually do this while I am making supper or when we are planning on a late lunch and she happens to be hungry at 11.  I love watching her budding personality!

2 comments:

Angel said...

I heard her say, "Sippy, Sippy, Sippy" while reaching for her sippy cup at the restaurant Sunday!

Carla said...

Isn't this a fun age!!! Ciara is a lot of fun running around at home,but it can be a challenge when you're out somewhere. I took a lot of pictures outside today...I'll try to post them Sunday when the weather's yucky.