Wednesday, January 14, 2009

She's Getting on my Nerves, Literally!

I had a doctor's appointment today. This was my last two week interval appointment, so now I will start going weekly. My blood pressure was still in a normal range and I had gained one pound. My belly is still measuring 2 cm bigger than expected, which has been a constant since they started measuring me. Jenna's heart rate was 142 beats per minute.
The doctor noticed the swelling in my legs and commented on it. Then I asked him if I should be worried that my right hand is not working propperly. My fingers tingle (like your foot tingles when it is "asleep"). This has been going on for about 3 days. He asked if it was my ring finger and pinky or my pointer, middle finger and ring finger. I said, all 4. He said well she is "getting on your nerves," with a smile. He said it was not uncommon and just another "perk" of being pregnant. Needless to say it has made my job interesting. I am in my season where I work with numbers constantly and I no longer have good use of my decimal, three, six, nine keyboard finger.

No comments: