Saturday, October 18, 2014

Mommy School

Shakamak has parent teacher conferences on Thursday, fall break on Friday & Monday. With three days of no school, Jenna was itching for school.  Jenna begged me to have school on Saturday. I explained that I would, but that this was Mommy's version of school and it might not be exactly like Mrs. Boyd or Mrs. Anita have school.  I told them we would take breaks for Toby and laundry.

We started with a book which explained what we would have for breakfast.
While I made pancakes, they had "table time". 

Then we had rug time to read books.

We stopped to fold a load of laundry and then had craft time.


 
Then it was time for recess, lunch, and down time.  
We then worked on writing skills.
I have been saving plastic lids and caps for Carla and Rajean before that to make benches for thei schools. It came in handy to have 40+ milk and water bottle caps in inventory!  The caps were used for math and manipalutives as well as patterns. 



Shelby was getting restless, so I let her work in a salt tray.


The girls had a blast, but by 4 pm we were all done with school. They asked if we could do it again sometime.  I agreed.  I had several good ideas given to me by several folks, the best being from my niece Kaity.  I foresee a day featuring astronauts, maps, and space in the near future!

No comments: