Tuesday, January 8, 2013

More Christmas

Gumbel Christmas for the longest time was held the weekend between Christmas and New Years, unless the holidays falled on weekends and then it was at the host's descression.  Since there was a weekend between Christmas and New Years, we were planning to get together on Dec 28 at Grandma Gumbel's for Christmas.  However, the weather was predicted to be nasty so Christmas got postponed to the first weekend of 2013. 

I didn't get out the camera and take any photos of the group.  The four Gumbel kids and their spouses were present.  There are seven grandkids, but only three of us were able to attend.  There are eleven great-grandkids and only four were present.  Needless to say, numbers were down a little this year.  Nonetheless, we got together and enjoyed socializing before going about our own directions.

My mom and dad were nice enough to take Jenna and Shelby home with them so that Lance and I could do a little shopping in Evansville.  We were needing to get faucets, bathroom hardware, and other miscellaneous things for the house addition.  We also needed to pick up my wedding bands which were re-sized and worked.

Sunday we celebrated Christmas with Mom & Dad, Carla, Christa and families.  I took several pictures, but Blogger isn't cooperating to attach them at the moment.  Jenna and Shelby have been having lots of fun with their new Snap & Style dolls.  I like the fact that they are not naked dolls laying around the house!

No comments: