Monday, June 28, 2010

Weigh In

Today started with an interesting turn of events.  Jenna woke up this morning crying at 6:30.  I got up with her and all she wanted to do was cuddle.  That is NOT my Jenna.  She is usually happiest in the morning and a VERY independent little girl.  She had an extremely runny nose and a pretty good cough.  I decided to take her to the doctor, because I didn't want her getting me or Shelby sick. 

We headed off to the doctor's office.  Jenna weighed in at 21 pounds fully dressed, diapered, and shoed.  We saw Dr. Best and sure enough something was wrong... an ear infection in the right ear.  So we got some medicine to help clear it up.

While at the doctor's office my mom (who works there) weighed Shelby too.  In only a onesie (no diaper) Shelby weighed in at 9 pounds 8 ounces.  That's 2 ounces shy of a 2 pound gain 4 weeks.  She is definately a growin' girl! 

Mommy has been bad and not taken many pictures of the girls in the last few days, so there are none to share with this post.  I will try to post some pictures next time!

2 comments:

Angel said...

Sorry to hear that Jenna is not feeling well. Sounds like Shelby is doing great.

Rajean B. said...

Boo for ear infections. I hope the medicine kicks in quickly and Jenna gets to feeling better soon. Although, you might like the cuddly little girl ;)

Sounds as though Shelby is growing quite well. Good work Momma!

I can't wait to see some new pictures, but I honestly know that you have your hands full (and if anything like me...tend to forget to get the camera out!).