Monday, May 17, 2010

Population Explosion!

I guess it is just where I am in life, but it seems as if there has been a population explosion!  There are six of my high school classmates, three friends from Purdue, one colleague, a cousin, and two from the camping crew ... and me...all currently pregnant or have had babies in the last 6-8 weeks. 

Katie (classmate) had Cora
April & Josh (both classmates) had Madeline and Maverick
Wendy & Dan (both Purdue) had Isaiah
Katie (classmate) had Adelyn
Nick & Rachel (cousin) had Isabelle
Michael/Julie (coworker) had Jacob
Annlena (classmate) had Hannah

I had thought about typing this post for a day or two and before today the tone of it was going to be more of an I'm ready, ohhh I am so ready to meet Shelby.  Our hospital bags are packed and in the car.  Most everything is ready in the baby's room.  I am ready.

Today, I was reminded exactly how important the baby living inside of mommy truely is.  My college roommate Freshman, Junior and Senior years, Sarah, was expecting a baby in September.  They got to meet her last night.  Faith Elizabeth, the baby, weighs in just over a pound and is fighting very hard to stay alive right now.  Please say a prayer for Faith, Sarah and Darryl.

Good Luck to those of you who are pregnant and due in a few months, Jenna and I continue to pray for her sister and the babies that have yet to make their debut!

Brooke (classmate) - didn't find out - is full-term
Me - Shelby will be full term Friday!
Mindy (classmate) - girl
Kristina (Purdue) - girl
Barbara (camping crew) - boy
Bonnie (camping crew) - girl

I do think it's somewhat odd, of the 14 babies only 3 (possibly 4) are boys!

3 comments:

Rajean B. said...

Christa, I hope little Faith is staying strong. I'm sending extra prayers up for her and her Mommy and Daddy. They need God's strength and love more than ever. It, too, reminds me how blessed I am to have two healthy babies. Best of luck as you near the end of your pregnancy.

Barbara and Wes said...

It definatly seems to be the time for babies :) I have 4 first cousin's pregnant and due really close to me then myself of course. Prayers for little Faith and miss Shelby hopefully we will meet her soon.

Carla said...

OMG! I hope Faith, Sarah and Darryl are staying strong! Glad Sarah let you know what was going on! I assume she's still in Australia. We pray for all the babies every night when Ciara goes to sleep.