Friday, May 28, 2010

38 Weeks and Doctor's Appointment

Today, I have made it to 38 weeks pregnant.  I had my weekly doctor's appointment.  Shelby's heart rate was a strong 145.  Dr. Mann checked me for progress and seemed hopeful that we very well may meet Miss Shelby this long holiday weekend.  He even talked to me about the doctors on-call. I had made considerable progress from last week's exam. 

As for the pregnancy, everything is still going well. I had not gained or lost any weight since last Friday. My blood pressure still looks good. The heat is starting to take it's toll. I am starting to swell a little during the evenings or after standing for longer periods. I cannot complain because this has been a pretty easy pregnancy thus far.  For those of you whom don't see me very often, I am sharing some pictures of me, as I looked today.


I started maternity leave / vacation on Wednesday.  I had several days of vacation from the 2008/2009 fiscal year that expire on June 30.  I didn't really want to give that time back to UK and UK will pay it out, I decided that I am on vacation until maternity leave starts.

No comments: