I originally took Monday, June 22 off as a vacation day, to use vacation that expired on June 30. Since it had rained, Lance asked me if I wanted to go on vacation somewhere. It worked out that this was also the time of Purdue's annual Farm Management Tours. This year the tours were in Starke and LaPorte counties (Valparaiso area). We decided to head up to northern Indiana and visit Lake Michigan, Dunes State Park and then go on the Farm Management Tour. It was hot, but we had a lot of fun.
We got to the beach early Tuesday morning. I fed Jenna in the beautiful scenery of Lake Michigan. As you can see, the beach was deserted. I think there were maybe a dozen people walking the beach.

The birds were pleantiful. Lance captured a neat photo of this one playing in the edge of the lake.

What a beautiful place!

Of course, Jenna had to get her feet wet. What kind of parents would we be if we went to the lake and didn't let her play in the water? The lake water was extremely frigid. I thought that may make Jenna fuss when the waves hit her legs, but she didn't seem to mind.

We got a new family picture which I thought was below, but it seems to have disappeared. It wasn't that great anyway, Jenna wouldn't look at the camera, because that meant looking into the sun.
No comments:
Post a Comment