Thursday, March 7, 2013

Appointments

I took Monday off because I scheduled 5 appointments on Monday.  I took Shelby to daycare and took Jenna with me all day.

Jenna went with me because I scheduled a dentist appointment for me and the second appointment for her.  She has never been to the dentist before.  I had a good check-up with a compliment from the dentist that I have "nice but boring teeth."  I will take it. As for Jenna, she was terrified and refused to open her mouth for the dental hygentist.  Tonight, we had a minor breakthrough!  She went in and started brushing her teeth (without me telling her and without my help) before she put her pjs on tonight!

When we got done at the dentist we went to visit the accountant.  Not a fun appointment, but something that has to be done.

After the accountant we visited McDonalds for lunch - per Jenna's request.  We killed a little time and visited Menards to return some left-overs from the building project and purchase a few minor missing items.

The last two appointments for the day were the ultrasound.  Lance met up with Jenna and I at the hospital parking lot.
Head, shoulder, torso
Sucking thumb

During ultrasound the lady asked if we wanted to know the gender.  We agreed we did, so she looked and found external genitalia.  The lady said, it's a BOY!  Jenna said "NO!" and started crying.  Jenna had been telling everyone that she wanted a new baby sister.  Daddy, on the other hand, was very excited to learn it would be 3 vs 2 and not 4 vs 1. 

Buttox, leg, leg, boy (sorry for the rated X picture, but Mawmaw and Poppy asked if we were sure)

We got done at ultrasound and then went to see our OB.  Everything checked out great.  After the appointment Lance, Jenna and I went over to explore Labor and Delivery to learn where we were to report on the big day. 
He crossed his legs/ankles during the ultrasound. 

One of my Blogger friends did a little survey everytime she had a baby doctor appointment, so I borrowed the below survey from her. 

How far along: 20 weeks

Have you started to show yet: Yes!! I am finally starting to look pregnant instead of just like I am just plumping.
Total weight gain/loss: I lost a little weight originally so I am now up 1.1 pounds from my starting weight.
Belly Button in or out? In
Rings on/off: On with extra room as of right now.
Size of Baby: About 7 inches and estimated at 12 ounces - The size of a banana!
Weird Changes: Just about everything is giving me heartburn.
Sleep: The girls keep me up more nights than being pregnant at this point.
Best moment this week: Ultrasound revealed a healthy baby.
Movement: The movements are becoming stronger!!!
Stretch marks? Nothing new yet
Food cravings: rice!
Food aversions: Fish, shrimp, and anything fishy smelling!
Gender prediction: The ultrasound revealed external genitalia
What I miss: sleeping on my belly
What I am looking forward to: Letting Lance and the kids feel the babies kick.
Milestones: We made it to the half way mark!!!! 

No comments: