Starting this addition construction process has unleashed chaos among the Hofmann house. All was going fine and dandy....until the last concrete truck came to finish up the garage floor. That truck caught our electric line and pulled it off the house. The electric backfed into the house, which is the equivalence of the surge like getting struck by lightening. The surge fried our microwave, oven, internet router, Wii, DVD player, indoor TV antenna. This has meant the chaos beyond the typical everything being out of place and sandy mud everywhere.
Basically, there was not a lot of "progress" made last week. They finished up the concrete and have been measuring for the wood package and waiting for the concrete to cure. Saturday, Lance and Stanley fell the last 2 of the trees we are losing for the project. The oak and cedar were in the way for the garage.
Saturday the weather was nasty to work outside, so the guys waited until Sunday to start backfilling. They cut the mound of dirt in half!
Friday, the first of the wood package started to arrive. We have 2 semi loads of wood sitting around the yard. Good thing is the framing crew was at the house before I left this morning at 7am!
I am sure when I get home tonight there will be a notciable difference around there! I cannot wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment