Friday, December 12, 2008

Afghan

I received a beautiful afghan from a cooperator's wife on Wednesday and thought I would share a photo of it.



For those of you who don't know about my work, I will explain. I work with ~35 farming operations with financial & tax planning. I prepare Balance Sheets, Income Statements, Cash Flow analysis, track grain production and sales, and use the information to create comparative analysis. So, I can tell the "cooperator" (a fancy word for farmer or farming operation) how his farm income and expenses (per acre) compare to the county average, the area average, the state average, or compare based on size (acres) of the farm. Then we take this information, analyze it one-on-one, and make farming decisions for upcoming crop years. Anyway, these folks pay a fee (anywhere from $750 to $2500) for this service.

A cooperator's wife brought this afghan out and gave it to me during a farm "tax planning" visit Wednesday. She said she made it especially for me and the heart pattern was because my baby was due so close to Valentine's day. It brought tears to my eyes, that someone who pays to have me around their farm would think that much of me to make a blanket for my baby.

1 comment:

Carla said...

For anyone else reading this, Christa showed this to me on Sat. when she watched Ciara...the pictures do it no justice. It's beautiful!!!