Thursday, February 6, 2014

Saying Goodbye

I received a heart wretching phone call last night.  Larry Beckley, my Godfather, passed away.  It was very unexpected and sudden.  I am just in shock.  Anyone who knows me knows that Larry was my best buddy. 
 
Larry didn't take much interest in my until I was "old enough to have some personality." (aka past the baby stage).  This was the earliest picture I found of us together.  I was 4. 
 I remember that Larry used to carry me, even when I was really too big to carry.  We spent lots of weekends and time together.  I used to love to sleep over at their house.
 It's funny as I was going through pictures, every birthday I have a picture of Larry next to me.  Sometimes Rita would be there too, occasionally Carla, never both of my parents, but always Larry.
 Of course they were there for all the other things too, like my first communion.
 And another birthday
And playing cards 
And teaching me how to make baskets.  This was #2 of 10.
Larry was my best buddy.  We would play chinese checkers, cards, the triangle game, and play outside with the plants or cows. 
Through all the years, he was always a very improtant part of my life. 
Next to my parents, Larry and Rita made the most impact to my life.
As Larry would say, "we have fun."
God gained another angel yesterday.  Please pray for Rita, I know she is taking this loss very hard, too.  I still don't know what his funeral arrangements are going to be, but I do know it is going to be very hard to say goodbye.

4 comments:

Rajean B. said...

So sorry for your loss. Prayers to you and your family.

Freemad said...

I had no idea Larry had passed until I saw this. I will definitely keep Rita in my prayers.

Carla said...

Great post Christa! I'm sure Sunday and Monday will be very hard! fyi- 2 pics aren't showing up.

Barbara and Wes said...

So sorry to hear this Christa you will all be in my prayers this weekend.