Our journey began when I got a call from Jenna's pre-k teacher saying she didn't feel well. I picked Jenna up from school and she was feverish. Come to find out, Jenna had an ear infection. We get her feeling better and Toby starts getting worse.
Remember how we questioned rather he was heathy at his two month well-child visit? Well the wheezing got worse and we decided it was time to get him into the doctor. We made him an appointment on Wednesday. The doc ordered chest x-rays. The X-rays showed pneumonia in Toby's right lung. This sent us to Union Hospital pediatric ward on Thursday.
Just by looking you would never have known he was sick!
I stayed with him Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday until we got to go home. We have some quality mommy son time. We worked on his hand eye coordination with his ball and rattle.
Toby got breathing treatments every four hours and at some points down the every two hours trying to get his lungs cleared out. He hated them to say the least. He still does!
Roscoe Roo has become our best friend/worst enemy.
when I got home on Sunday I was told Shelby was starting to get sick. I called Monday morning and made her an appointment. Turns out the poor thing had pink eye.
We went back for a follow-up appointment Wednesday with Toby. I took Shelby said she was still on eyedrops for the pink eye. She had also developed a green snotty nose. She got antibiotics at Toby's follow-up visit.As for Toby, he's still wheezing. However, he does sound better. We go in two weeks for updated chest x-rays. At that time will decide what step comes next.









3 comments:
I hope everyone is feeling better!!!
I hope everyone is on the mend soon! Especially Toby poor little man and momma I know what it's like luckily at Kaden's age he doesn't mind the treatments but he fought like mad when he was little. Good luck hopefully it will be all clear at the recheck.
Post a Comment