Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Taking Shape

For those of you who tried to watch the video of Jenna on the last post, I think I have it fixed now.  

I am trying to keep everyone updated on the progress of the house.  Sorry if you get tired of hearing about it, but we are excited.  Monday forms went up, Tuesday more forms went up and concrete was poured, Wednesday the forms came down. 

Tuesday -forms filled with concrete (looking SW)
Wing walls and basement wall - Forms with concrete (looking E)

 Wing Wall
 Wednesday forms came down.  This is the garage (looking W)
 Whole project (looking N)
 Basement wall (looking NE) tarp is coving existing basement entry.  Mom & Dad or Carla & Matt or for those of you who would like to visit, the stakes in the gravel is the guest bedroom and bathroom.
 Basement wall which will have the stairs (looking SW)

If everything goes as planned, we will have a visit from the plumber, get additional gravel tomorrow and get ready to pour the basement and garage floors on Friday (or Monday if it rains).  Either way, the project is really starting to take form! (no pun intended)

4 comments:

Carla said...

Coming along nicely!

Barbara and Wes said...

Look like it's moving along. Watching a new project take shape is always exciting keep the posts coming.

Freemad said...

I'm a little behind the ball here - what all exactly are you all adding? Obviously more basement room but what else? Either way it looks like it is coming along great! So glad you are sharing the progress with everyone!

Freemad said...

I'm a little behind the ball here - what all exactly are you all adding? Obviously more basement room but what else? Either way it looks like it is coming along great! So glad you are sharing the progress with everyone!