Friday, June 8, 2012

U - pick Strawberries


Last year, Lance purchased 12 strawberry plants for me.  We planted them and 10 of them survived over winter.  This year we have had some strawberries, but not more than 25 tiny berries in any one picking.  In my opinion, not enough to enjoy.  Tucker's have a strawberry patch right here in town.  On 5/25/12 we went over there and U-picked our own berries, enough to actually enjoy.  I made a deal with the girls that we would pick until they got tired, stopped helping, or our flat was full.
  
 
We picked about a half of a flat.  Which turned out to be PLENTY since they were extremely tart.  Regardless, the girls had a lot of fun.  The only thing I would have done differently is I would not have had Shelby in a white shirt.  However, it was a spur of the moment decision on the way home from picking up the backhoe to fix our septic line in the back yard. 

No comments: