Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Vacation Day 6 - Big Girl Bed

Yes, I know I skipped day 5.  Day 5 of vacation entailed cleaning out the car, putting everything away, and doing laundry.  Lance and Jenna mowed hay down for a local farmer.  Nothing too exciting, just another day in Paradise. 

Thursday, Day 6, we sent the girls to daycare and Mommy and Daddy went shopping.  The major purchase for the day was a big girl bed for Jenna.  This all started when Jenna started trying to climb out of her crib.  She managed a couple times to get half way out before I could get in her room.  Shelby was starting to stand in her crib and on the lowest mattress setting, was hanging half way over her bed.  I figured it was a fall waiting to happen.  So we purchased a set of bunk beds.  Jenna got moved into the bigger room (which was Shelby's) and Shelby got moved into the crib in Jenna's room. 

We only assembled the upper bunk of the bunk beds, because it has the side rails on it.  The lower head board and foot board are sitting against the wall behind the bed.

 Jenna's new bed and room arragement.
Jenna did okay in her bed.  We only had problems out of her the first two nights, after that, she has been sleeping through the night not getting up and wondering around.  She likes her big bed.  Shelby has had a harder time with the transition.  I really can't explain why, maybe she feels more trapped by the lower mattress and the taller sidewalls on the crib.  I might say that Lance and I have had the hardest time with the switch.  I move all the clothes, dresser contents, and closet contents in both rooms and things aren't where they always were.  We go to put kids to bed or get them up and have to stop and think about who belongs in which room.  It will take some getting used to!

1 comment:

Carla said...

I love Jenna's bed. Very pretty!